Monday, May 31, 2010

DAY 12-POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE (PRAY FOR PROTECTION)


The bible says that He will, "give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot on a stone" (Psalm 91:11,12). Let's face it accidents happen and we are faced with risks and dangers daily. Driving a car, flying in a plane, and even walking down the street can pose danger. We must regularly pray for the safety of our loved ones. This is not to say that we can escape all accidents. However, if they do occur isn't it better to know that you've asked God to be in the midst of it with His power and presence. I will never forget driving down Lee Road one day when my car spun out of control in the pouring rain. It did a complete circle then I was broadsided by an oncoming vehicle. At the time I had praise and worship playing in my car. I recall, asking Jesus to help as the car spun. The car came to a complete halt and I didn't even know I was hit until I opened my car door and it dropped towards the ground. Amazingly, I never felt an impact. The accident occured but I was protected from bodily harm. I always try to pray for Neil's safety and my loved ones as much as I can. It's nearly impossible to pray about every specific danger but you can pray that God keeps your loved one from harm. Just yesterday, my father was outside doing yard work. He went inside to take a break and when he came back outside to continue working he noticed a huge branch laying in the yard. A large portion of the neighbor's oak tree had collapsed exactly where my father had been working. It took down a large portion of my father's fence and was a good foot and a half in diameter. That's not a small branch. Needless to say, we are thanking God for removing my father out of harms way and answering our prayers over our loved one. Be sure to cover your loved ones in a blanket of protection through prayer.

Prayer by: Stormie Omartian
Lord, I pray that You would protect (insert name of person you are praying for) from any accidents, diseases, dangers, or evil influences. Keep him safe, especially in cars and planes. Hide him from violence and the plans of the evil people. Wherever he walks, secure his steps. Keep him on Your path so that his feet don't slip (Psalm 17:5). If his foot does slip, hold him up by Your mercy (Psalm 94:18). Give him the wisdom and discretion that will help him walk safely and not fall into danger (Proverbs 3:21-23). Be his fortress, strength, shield, and stronghold (Psalm 18:2,3). make him to dwell in the shadow of Your wings (Psalm 91:1-2). Be his rock, salvation, and defense, so that he will not be moved or shaken (Psalm 62:6). I pray that even though bad things may be happening all around him, they will not come near him (Psalm 91:7). Save him from any plans of the enemy that seek to destroy his life (Psalm103:4). Preserve his going out and his coming in from this time forth and even forevermore (Psalm 121:8). AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment