Saturday, May 22, 2010

DAY 3-POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE (PRAY FOR HIS FINANCES)

Ok, so it's day 3 and we've already seen God move through our prayers in Neil's work. This is pretty exciting! Last night was a prayer for his finances. They say finances is one of the number one causes for marital issues so pay attention married folks and pray! There are three key kingdom factors in finances. They are obedience, giving, and gratefulness. Thankfully, Neil is obedient to giving and has one of the most grateful hearts I've ever witnessed. Therefore, I pray that God only increases those qualities in him. I've learned never to question Neil's desire to give and to trust him as the head of the household with our finances. This doesn't mean that we don't make decisions together regarding our finances. But, at times I've just had to say ok honey I trust that you will make the best decision. All of our needs are always met and we've never lacked a meal. Glory to God! It's also not to say, that you won't ever encounter financial hardship. Most of us have hit a financial boulder in our lives but it's how you go over that boulder that counts. Also, what you learn from it.

"Do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you." Luke 12:29-31


"I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread." Psalm 37:25


"My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19


Prayer:by Stormie Omartian
Lord, I commit our finances to You. Be in charge of them and use them for Your purposes. May we both be good stewards of all that You give us, and walk in total agreement as to how it is to be dispersed. I pray that we will learn to live free of burdensome debt. Where we have not been wise bring restoration and give us guidance. Show me how I can help increase our finances and not decrease them unwisely. Help us to remember that all we have belongs to You, and to be grateful for it.
I pray that Neil (person you are praying for) will find it easy to give to You and to others as You have instructed in Your Word. Give him wisdom to handle money wisely. Help him make good decisions as to how he spends. Show him how to plan for the future. I pray that he will find the perfect balance between spending needlessly and being miserly. May he always be paid well for the work he does, and may his money not be stolen, lost, devoured, destroyed, or wasted. Multiply it so that what he makes will go a long way. I pray that he will not be anxious about finances, but will seek Your Kingdom first, knowing that as he does, we will have all we need (Luke 12:31). AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment